Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > craft.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2024, 09:28 AM
botkiller
-tired, so tired.

Song inspired by "tin There", "Tin Where"
So, every even-numbered year, I write and release a song every week in a global project called Weekly Beats. I'm on my sixth run of it, so by the end of this year, I will have written 312 songs in this project, many of which are only on Bandcamp and the Weekly Beats website. I'm working to be better about releasing my work on streaming services and all that, since I have such a back-catalog of work, most of which is very UW-inspired and flows along the Progressive House/Techno/Breakbeat/DNB genres.

Anyway, I released one called "Tin Where" a little bit back this year, which is very obviously a riff on "Tin There". Tin There has always been really important to me as it was on the WipEout XL soundtrack and something about it and its vibe has always just resonated with me. I know it's a riff on Pearl's Girl but I have always felt that it stands much on its own, which is how I feel about "Cherry Pie" being a reprise of Kittens. I just love it when UW takes a track and then morphs it into something else, it inspires me a lot in my own work because I love to use textures and sounds from my other tracks to create new work.

Annnnnyway, if anyone is interested in the song, you can hear it on Spotify and everywhere else: https://open.spotify.com/track/0YZ7k...dbfecce5074423

Years ago I covered Born Slippy [NUXX] when I was a fledgling kid making techno on a Roland MC-505 and did a shit-ton of research to find Mile Gillespie in London and send a CD (yes, a CD!) to him with a letter asking if he'd play it for the boys. I kinda wish I'd waited until many years later when I got, let's just say, a lot better at music production, to do so, but, it is what it is. That cover isn't anywhere to listen to but maybe someday I'll clean it up and pay for a cover license to actually release it.

I'm not the boys, of course, but I do count them as basically my biggest influence.

Thanks,

Last edited by botkiller; 09-10-2024 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Added information on another release