Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2024, 07:35 PM
aphasein
ping!

Send a message via AIM to aphasein
Re: New album speculation 2024
True - and in that case I actually preferred the original title, especially since there doesn't seem to be a Drift Series 2 release...
Old 08-05-2024, 12:34 AM
taotsu
taotsu

Pedantic note: Mk2 have not done so, but both ?Underneath the Radar? and ?Change the weather? were album titles and tracks. 😉
Old 08-05-2024, 12:35 AM
taotsu
taotsu

And no Drift 2 would be super annoying. I hate having a vol. 1 and no vol. 2…
Old 08-05-2024, 02:57 AM
Dino3D
pants

I'm glad finally it's something promising, but it's a bit sad that we have to learn it from webshops, and not from UW as a big album announcement.
Old 08-05-2024, 05:54 AM
negative1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino3D View Post
I'm glad finally it's something promising, but it's a bit sad that we have to learn it from webshops, and not from UW as a big album announcement.
webleaks are nothing new, and have been going on for quite some time now.

but at least an official announcement should be coming out.

later
| | | || | | | |
ne gative 1
Old 08-05-2024, 04:39 PM
purlieu
enofa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino3D View Post
Ha, you should try being an FSOL fan. They have no PR team, so everything either comes from Amazon, HMV, etc., or is a surprise drop by the band that is only ever spread by word of mouth.

Happy that this is finally coming along, anyway, however it's announced. Having a title track is surprising, but they're a band who like to surprise, so I suppose that works. Of course it could always be an EP.
Old 08-05-2024, 05:10 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

maybe the track name will change.
Old 08-05-2024, 07:52 PM
aphasein
ping!

Send a message via AIM to aphasein
I'm all about every FSOL release and love the surprises, one of my all-time favorites after Underworld (really loving Mind Maps 5 and the recent scheduled broadcast/album drop for it was a lot of community fun).

Nothing ever feels like it's dragging with them though, as there is no real album cycle and they constantly put out 2-5 a year. And between their Bandcamp notices and email list I still feel like I have some idea what is going on (which Underworld used to be amazing at - remember all the free download emails, studio broadcasts, and Xmas messages?!)

Just miss how much community Underworld used to curate, especially with the peak of Drift, and concern that this is the last big go round for them (much as I hate to consider it). We'll see, just glad something seems to finally be on the horizon now, even if unofficial so far.
Old 08-09-2024, 02:18 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: New album speculation 2024: Strawberry Hotel 25/10/2024?
Those listings have started disappearing from retailers. This additional one characterizes the release as a "CD / Single":
https://www.wook.pt/musica/tbc-cd-tbc/30257674
Old 08-09-2024, 04:41 AM
purlieu
enofa

Re: New album speculation 2024: Strawberry Hotel 25/10/2024?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphasein View Post
I'm all about every FSOL release and love the surprises, one of my all-time favorites after Underworld (really loving Mind Maps 5 and the recent scheduled broadcast/album drop for it was a lot of community fun).

Nothing ever feels like it's dragging with them though, as there is no real album cycle and they constantly put out 2-5 a year. And between their Bandcamp notices and email list I still feel like I have some idea what is going on (which Underworld used to be amazing at - remember all the free download emails, studio broadcasts, and Xmas messages?!)
Yeah, that's fair. I suppose for all their releases with major distribution, the news is almost always leaked via people finding them on Amazon and so on beforehand, but as you say, it's not quite the same as there's always been another record a few months before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Those listings have started disappearing from retailers. This additional one characterizes the release as a "CD / Single":
https://www.wook.pt/musica/tbc-cd-tbc/30257674
And so the mystery continues. Maybe it's an EP? Given that they haven't put out a CD single single 'Crocodile' I can't imagine one coming along now.
Closed Thread