Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2024, 06:45 PM
aphasein
ping!

Send a message via AIM to aphasein
Re: Strawberry Hotel - new album out 25th Oct
Looks like all of my thoughts so far, from the email news falling flat, to excitement at their album description and 15 new tracks, to the wondering which title the original Strawberry Hotel song has been renamed to, have been thoroughly covered now.

They seem to have really leaned into the still life objects altar thingy across all of the merch and breakdown of them on the album sleeve. It's all very cute (which is not something I expected to say about Underworld), but as a creative director it's leaving me baffled (maybe I'll eventually just be bemused).

I've mainly just been hoping for a Beaucoup Fish this time (given the epic new songs they played out, the previous artwork, and its spot at the end of another rough trilogy) and getting the vibe so far that it's probably more of a Barking.

For you, always...
Old 09-09-2024, 07:54 AM
lemonjelly
mouseman

all this negativity confuses me.
I am well stoked for the new album. Really excited to hear it as a whole!
Interesting how many tracks there are on it - a lot for an UW album. I can't wait to see/hear how the album flows. Anticipating a number of styles.
Also, interesting there is no fen violet.
A large part of an album is the contrasts it contains. Like how it seems to have different styles.
For the first time ever, have pre-ordered the cd and vinyl from the store, alongside a tshirt.
Old 09-09-2024, 09:54 AM
StrangeLastName
river

Any theories to why the tracklist on the website (and the back cover as far as I can see) lists most of the titles in regular title case, but "denver luna" and "and the color red" in all lowercase?
Old 09-09-2024, 10:59 AM
darmok
dust between the wires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty0900 View Post
I hope this isn't a cryptic way of telling us that things are ending.
If it is, then it's so cryptic that I don't get it.
Old 09-09-2024, 04:12 PM
purlieu
enofa

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeLastName View Post
Any theories to why the tracklist on the website (and the back cover as far as I can see) lists most of the titles in regular title case, but "denver luna" and "and the color red" in all lowercase?
I mean, that's how they were listed on their respective 12" sleeves, and the art style has changed since then, so it might be because of that. Although that still doesn't really answer why they made such an odd decision.
Old 09-09-2024, 04:49 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeLastName View Post
Yeah, I noticed that too. That's the way those two singles were released last year. I guess they decided to retain that, but not continue the aesthetic to the rest of the new tracks.
Old 09-09-2024, 05:18 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

I'm seeing preorders for the physical releases starting to appear at US retailers and Australia retailers. Still none appearing in Japan.
Old 09-10-2024, 07:42 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonjelly View Post
all this negativity confuses me.
I am well stoked for the new album. Really excited to hear it as a whole!
Interesting how many tracks there are on it - a lot for an UW album. I can't wait to see/hear how the album flows. Anticipating a number of styles.
Also, interesting there is no fen violet.
A large part of an album is the contrasts it contains. Like how it seems to have different styles.
For the first time ever, have pre-ordered the cd and vinyl from the store, alongside a tshirt.
Totally. Underworld have been my favorite band ever since I got a Sony Walkman. They've earned it too. It started with Beacoup Fish and "Born Slippy", then discovering all the wonderful mid-90s stuff, then later having all the Riverrun stuff and OWB really grow on me, getting obsessed with Barking, BBWFASF as a 'return to form', all the amazing Drift tunes...nearly everything they do is special to me. They've been so good for so long. As for this new album, I really like what we've heard of it so far. I get the rollout has been weird, but it always is. I just hope there's more coming!
Old 09-10-2024, 09:16 AM
botkiller
-tired, so tired.

Just went and pulled it up on Youtube to refresh myself. I'm pretty sure they played this in LA when I saw them last year (2023). I love this vibe from the boys and I would be curious what happened to the song itself as well. might be that it changed titles, much like how alwayslovedafilm morphed a few times.
Old 09-10-2024, 09:17 AM
botkiller
-tired, so tired.

I assume it's stylistic, We know the boys and Tomato are all about the little things sometimes.