Dirty Forums > moments.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 08:59 AM
dc_04
mouseman

Re: Denver show now at the Fillmore Auditorium
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasdotcom
What an incredible show! I'm back in Tacoma exactly 26 hours after I left and I STILL feel the beauty of Glam Buckut all over me!

What a treat the boys gave us. Hearing Dirty Epic, Dark Train, Spikee for the first time live would be enough but nay! We were gifted with Karl's guitar and Rick's unleashed passion during G.B....AND given a copy of the new album?!? THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

On a very personal note: I used the opportunity of this show to propose to my girlfriend during Born Slippy and she said yes! I introduced her to the band when we first met so UW have been a constant part of our relationship. The boys may as well have been around to witness the next step, eh?

We met folks from Portland, L.A., and Atlanta, and a few that we know from here. EVERYONE had a great time. Epic is an understatement for this show!!!
congrats on the engagement!!!

underworld - bringing people together.

- dc
Old 09-12-2007, 12:31 PM
lloyd
bungalow

Congrats!
Old 09-12-2007, 12:59 PM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Wow - you are the 3rd couple I heard of that proposed at a UW gig! This is lovely news. Congrats to you both!
Old 09-12-2007, 02:12 PM
idoru
mouseman

Such an incredible party, and easily the single best event I have ever witnessed. The energy Karl brought to the whole show, plus the connection that was clear multiple times throughout the show between the three was incredible. Rick losing it during Glam Bucket was great, and hilarious when he stopped Karl singing during Born Slippy. It was nice to see Dark Train and Pearl's Girl brought out for the tour.

All in all I had a great time, and it's very nice of the boys to deliver the album to us as compensation. Still in Denver until I return to Seattle tomorrow, so I wont have my photos and videos until then.
________
Vaporizer

Last edited by idoru; 03-09-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Butcher of Bakersfield
videobutcher

now, are they mailing the CDs to you, and how? are they going to get the home addresses from the promoters that sold the tickets? - or did they just give the CDs out at the show?
Old 09-12-2007, 02:47 PM
idoru
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher of Bakersfield
now, are they mailing the CDs to you, and how? are they going to get the home addresses from the promoters that sold the tickets? - or did they just give the CDs out at the show?
Those who paid cash were told to fill out a form that was at the merchandise booth. Those who purchased tickets from Ticketmaster will more than likely have our information stored by Ticketmaster. Giving the CDs out at the show would've defeated the purpose of individually watermarking all existing promos.
________
Vaporgenie reviews

Last edited by idoru; 03-09-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Liam
too cool for scholastics

You don't think it will be the CD + DVD do you? I'm not clued up about all the different releases.
ALT-F4
CTRL-ALT-DEL
CTRL-ALT-DEL
Old 09-12-2007, 06:42 PM
gambit
magic city writer

It was the best thing in the world ever, and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise. I rocked out near the front with some friends who were just as into it as I was. Loved it. I really hope they post this performance on their website sometime. Apart from the one blip with Karl singing, it was perfect.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:25 PM
swillhite
tHe niGHt oWl

What a fantastic show! High energy all the way through- and a great set list. Watching the crew struggle with the big inflatable phallic symbols was hillarious. The crowd was awesome- full of energy, courteous, and a lot of fun. Thanks to UW for a great night. My wife can't stop talking about it!

willy
www.myspace.com/thenightowl
Old 09-12-2007, 10:08 PM
botkiller
-tired, so tired.

O
M
G

BEST SHOW EVAR!

Many of you have heard me rant about never seeing UW live. That has finally changed! So amazing! Great energy, awesome songs, the stage show was bloody terrific, Karl's energy, and the playfulness of all of them on stage... just so good! Offering us all free copies of the new disc - how much cooler does it get? Got myself an OWB shirt, loving it, just loving everything. I only wish I could re-live this moment, and that I'd gotten to meet the guys - but I also hope that I can interview them for my electronic music documentary that I'm doing at some point here, so maybe I can still make that dream happen

"Beautiful Burnout" was SO AMAZING live.

Finally I have this to say: THEY OPENED WITH DIRTY EPIC!! My favorite song!! I know it's cheesey for me to say, but when that moment happened, for me, my first time seeing the band who is #1 on my list in so many ways, playing my favorite song, I just can't tell you how I felt. It was as if it was, in some small way, just for me.

THANK YOU RICK, PRICEY AND KARL! You guys made my year!

Last edited by botkiller; 09-12-2007 at 10:14 PM.