Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old Today, 06:32 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Strawberry Hotel - Dirty reviews
If you want to post your fan reviews, scores, track-by-track ratings and such, let's post them in here.
Old Today, 06:46 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Re: Strawberry Hotel - Dirty reviews
My gut reaction was not loving it. But that's quickly changed after 3 listens. I really love Lewis in Pomona but really hate that yelling/orgasm voice overlapping the fades. It reminds of a really poorly executed Pink Floyd "Great Gig in the Sky" vocals and really wish it wasnt in there. But I LOVE the drums that kick in so I'm torn there. This is my most played track so far #noshuffle #singleplay :P

The album standouts for me are Denver Luna (best track), Hilo Sky, Lewis in Pomona, and Gene Pool. I guess I do love Black Poppies too. The rest don't feel quite right to me. Ottavia is fine, but I'm quite sure I won't ever seek this track out.

Edit: Oh Thorns! is much better than King of Haarlem. Neither are winners tho for me.

So... King of Haarlem. Uhhhh, this is a big no from me (at this point.) Those sour notes by Karl are grating. It just doesn't feel right at all to me. Will it grow on me? Maybe. Right now this is my biggest dislike on the album.

The rest are fine and will likely grow on me. Techno Shinkansen is fine. Burst of Laughter is fine. Colour Red never really hooked me and still doesn't. I like it better in context tho.

Last edited by potatobroth; Today at 07:13 AM.
Old Today, 07:12 AM
Dirty Saint
mouseman

I don't think you can ever review an album on a first listen!!

The obvious stand outs are the tracks we have all all seen live or on youtube numerous times.
Old Today, 07:26 AM
taotsu
taotsu

Middle of listen 3. If I leave aside Denver luna as a well known track, sweet lands, and Lewis make me dance strongly. Ottavia has my favourite lyrics so far. Techno Shinkansen is growing on me and King of Haarlem is like star. In the beginning it’s overwhelming but I like it more and more.