Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2024, 06:28 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Re: New album speculation 2024: Strawberry Hotel 25/10/2024?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Those listings have started disappearing from retailers. This additional one characterizes the release as a "CD / Single":
https://www.wook.pt/musica/tbc-cd-tbc/30257674
aww. started getting that new-album-tingle. now its all numb again :P
Old 08-09-2024, 08:01 PM
aphasein
ping!

Send a message via AIM to aphasein
Re: New album speculation 2024
Hmm... so two of the original listings have gone and two are still there, plus one new one. Seems like something is probably still happening for that date and the pricing did seem like a full album.

I would normally have expected Strawberry Hotel to be the next single drop from the ones we know, but definitely not on CD, as everyone's mentioned. The new "CD / Single" info may just mean one physical CD (vs. two or more, which is getting more common), as it's part of a details/specs section, hard to tell.

Hopefully these listings have been noticed (and our noticing has been noticed) and something is getting announced soon...
Old 08-10-2024, 04:30 AM
purlieu
enofa

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphasein View Post
The new "CD / Single" info may just mean one physical CD (vs. two or more, which is getting more common), as it's part of a details/specs section, hard to tell.
Nah, that site uses CD / Album on its album pages. Although interestingly the linked page now just states TBC CD rather than anything titled.
Old 08-10-2024, 07:55 AM
aphasein
ping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purlieu View Post
Nah, that site uses CD / Album on its album pages. Although interestingly the linked page now just states TBC CD rather than anything titled.
Ah, good catch, should have looked around on there. Oh well, ever hopeful...
Old 09-01-2024, 01:17 AM
Dino3D
pants

It's september and still nothing official. I think there won't be new album in 2024. Those webshop listings could be just accident.
Old 09-01-2024, 01:48 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

There's something coming soon. The underworldlive.com website was updated earlier this week. There's a new link to IIFU. Probably short for "I'm in fucking Underworld" like it said on the recent Brighton shirts. Links to https://iifu.club, which is not public yet. Maybe some kind of membership or subscription club?
Old 09-01-2024, 05:14 AM
evwhitton16
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino3D View Post
It's september and still nothing official. I think there won't be new album in 2024. Those webshop listings could be just accident.
Thing is I get what you mean, it is kinda weird how silent they are, but I think it would be hard for the shop listings to emerge from nothing, also it would be a real shame because 'Strawberry Hotel' is maybe the track of the 6 we know that I've wanted to hear the most
Old 09-02-2024, 06:09 PM
aphasein
ping!

That is quite an odd redo of the Underworldlive site, looks like someone is building in public. The links still in the store menu don't work to all the old pages (Events, News, Drift) and looks like news is currently only the single homepage item now.

The IIFU link is definitely going to be I'm In Fucking Underworld and most likely some Worldofunderworld-type initiative or membership club, which hopefully points to us getting additional stuff (which is cool) and not it replacing a new album.

Definitely looks like a next phase/release upgrade happening, and I'm mainly just glad the new logo font has survived, as I really want to see a full album in the style from the single drops and concert title graphics, feels very Tomato-y.
Old 09-02-2024, 06:19 PM
aphasein
ping!

Also, I do find the "JOIN THE MAILING LIST for priority access to ticket pre-sales in the future..." statement encouraging on the Live page. And with the current live dates just now completed, maybe this is the gap they have been waiting for to announce things...
Old 09-03-2024, 02:23 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphasein View Post
and I'm mainly just glad the new logo font has survived, as I really want to see a full album in the style from the single drops and concert title graphics, feels very Tomato-y.
That's interesting, because Tomato hasn't been involved at all, since all the new stuff started last year.
Closed Thread