Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2024, 10:46 AM
Dino3D
pants

Re: New album speculation 2024
Yeah, I also don't think that vinyl manufacturing could be the case of no album announcement yet. They could drop the album digital any time and then later the physicals, but I think they don't have an album yet.

But I really don't understand what was the point of releasing 2 singles (Red and Denver) years before an album. Or they remain as single only tracks.
Old 06-21-2024, 02:22 PM
negative1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino3D View Post
Yeah, I also don't think that vinyl manufacturing could be the case of no album announcement yet. They could drop the album digital any time and then later the physicals, but I think they don't have an album yet.

But I really don't understand what was the point of releasing 2 singles (Red and Denver) years before an album. Or they remain as single only tracks.
maybe they wont be on the album.

but as you said, they could just be standalone tracks.

its not like they didn't do that way back when they started.

later
|| | | ||
ne gative 1
Old 06-22-2024, 06:26 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Itd be a shame if Denver Luna wasnt on an album. Colour Red however? We can skip that one :P

I could say the same for NUXX and Rez I guess.
Old 06-26-2024, 09:41 AM
purlieu
enofa

If it's being released in coordination with another label again - Caroline, Cooking Vinyl, whoever - the vinyl lead time won't be quite that bad. Generally the smaller the artist/label, the longer they have to wait, and big customers get queue jumps (I know FSOL releases seem to take around four months; my last album on a tiny label took nearly a year). Plus, if it's announced two or three months before release - as is usually the case - then the manufacturing time will mostly be eaten up by that period anyway. They could finish the mastering today and still announce it in September and release it in November if they wanted.

I'm wondering if they maybe thought the album was near completion and then decided to go back and rework it a lot.
Old 06-26-2024, 12:10 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Yeah, I don't think vinyl manufacturing is the issue. The've successfully done numerous single releases over the past 2 years with UMG handling the vinyl pressing.

I think the simple answer is that they're just not ready to do an album release yet. They're typically pretty methodical about the album releases, so I'm sure they have a plan for what they want released and when, and vinyl manufacturing is already factored into that.